Katherine, over at Grass Stains, tagged me in a fall meme. I haven't been tagged in ages so I thought I'd play alone. Plus, I love FALL!
1. Do you like Starbucks? And are you a fan of their seasonal coffees?
I do like Starbucks but I'm more a fan of Crimson Cup coffee either from Sheri's Coffeehouse in OH or our local place Via Cappuccino. I usually don't like flavors other than caramel in my coffee.
2. How do you decorate and prepare for Fall?
I love fall decorations. I usually do the gourds and leaves around the house. I also make a wreath for the front door. I like regular changes so seasonal decorating is right up my alley. I think we're also going to get some hay bales and pumpkins for our front yard.
3. Will you participate in your college's homecoming activities?
which college? and no. Nathan always gets info from his college about gatherings but he's not that kind of 'joiner'.
4. What is your favorite Fall clothing item or accessory?
I love my hoodies and sweaters. I love when it's chilly enough to wear sweaters. They're my favorite!
5. What was your favorite as a kid?
We never celebrated Halloween as a kid but I've started doing it with my children. They LOVE to dress up! They play dress up most days. And yes, I do mean all four of them. Last year was my favorite year though. Our church has an all out fall party on Halloween and each life group has to do a booth with a theme and our group chose the Princess Bride. I made my own wench costume and Nathan went as the Dread Pirate Roberts. We had a blast! I have a few ideas about this year so stay tuned!
6. Do you like Halloween/Horror movies? Do you have a favorite?
I don't do scary movies. period. yuck.
7. What is your favorite Fall activity?
I love soccer games and bonfires. I'm also looking forward being able to walk out my front door without being covered in sweat.
8. What is your favorite Fall recipe?
The fall after my husband and I got married my grandmother in law brought us about 5 bags of fresh pumpkin puree. I had NO IDEA what to do with it. I found a recipe online for pumpkin bread and it has become one of our fall favorites. In fact, I think it's about time to break that recipe out. We also love a good pot of chili.
And then she added eight more quickie questions, and here they are:
1. What movie coming out soon are you looking forward to seeing?
Voyage of the Dawn Treader!
2. What will you miss most about Summer?
Trips to the beach.
3. When do you start your holiday shopping?
I don't have a specific date, in fact.....if certain people, you know who you are, would get around to drawing names for our family I could start thinking about it. :)
4. Favorite exercise/activity?
Nathan and Little Peanut have started joining AJ and I at dance lessons. We're really enjoying doing it as a family. JM and Grasshopper would rather sit and watch.
5. Best book you've read lately?
I recently read all the Anne of Green Gables books again. I love them.
6. Do you make your bed every day?
Yes, until we got a dog. Now her crate takes up a lot of space and makes it difficult to get around the bed. Maybe I should go do that now.
7. If you could choose a personal chef over a personal shopper, which would you choose?
I think I would go with shopper, because contrary to popular belief I do like cooking.
8. Which TV show are you most excited for this Fall?
SURVIVOR! And of course Big Bang Theory comes back on tonight.
Thanks Katherine for the tag. And if anyone else wants to play along leave me a note in the comments so I can come see your answers.