Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ouch!

Well, apparently I didn't think my life was busy or complicated enough. This coming Tuesday Nathan, the children, my mom, a friend from church, and I are leaving to go to Kentucky for a few days and then on to Nashville for The Call. In the midst of all this we have been removing wallpaper in Peanut's room getting it ready to paint. Her crib has been in our room so that we could work in her's and get it ready for baby Christopher as well.
Wednesday night after a very late dinner and coffee with a friend I went outside to tell Nathan that I was going to go to bed. It was about 11 pm. He was outside wandering around talking to his mom on the phone. I thought I was on the sidewalk but I guess I was still on the steps because next thing I knew I was on the ground in a lot of pain. Both of my ankles were underneath me. My left foot was scrapped up in several places but my right just hurt a little.
Nathan helped me upstairs and to bed. I could put weight on my right one at that point but it was pretty sore. By 1:30 am I couldn't put any weight on it and by 3 am it was in excruciating pain. I woke Nathan up and had him take me to the ER. After 6 x-rays, 2 1/2 hours of waiting, 3 trips to the bathroom in a wheelchair, 3 Crosby Show episodes, and some very painful poking and twisting of my foot by the doctor it was announced that I had fractured my ankle. OUCH!!!!! They gave me some Tylenol 3 for the pain, finally! And put an aircast on it to keep it from moving and said ABSOLUTELY. NO. WEIGHT. ON. IT. and to go see the orthopedic doctor as soon as possible.
Pray for my momma. She's been taking care of us since I can't carry the children or get around the house. She came Thursday morning and Friday morning and hauled us all off to her house. Today is Nathan's day. It seems to be going okay although it was off to a rocky start.
The orthopedic doctor said no weight on it for at least a week. Stay on the crutches for two weeks. Next week I can start trying to put a little weight on it but if it hurts then don't. Also if it's still really painful before my next appointment that I should call and let them know that. I'm really glad that there will be two extra adults in the van with us to help with the children. :) By the way, the baby is fine. Very active, no pain, just the occasional contraction to remind me that I'm running out of time to get ready. :) Pictures will be added later.

4 comments:

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

the font on this post is VERY hard to read. All jumbled together.

Glad you're doing better. You'll be around in no time.

palmtreefanatic said...

gosh! Thats crazy!Glad you didn't break it!!! Hope you are on your feet lifting the children again soon;)

Stayllo said...

That sounds horrible! I hope you can get a nice break in to recover.

Alicia said...

cool photo! Aria's so cute!! It stinks about your ankle.. I hope it all gets better soon.. I'll pray for a quick recovery..