Saturday, November 14, 2009

What a Memory

Two years ago we went to KY to visit family for Thanksgiving. Grasshopper was three months old at the time, this was before he ever got sick. While we were there my brother shot a turkey on the farm. AJ had just turned 5 at this point. That's my brother and his son is holding the turkey.
Today we were in the store and I was picking out a roasting pan for our turkey. AJ asked what it was for and I said that I was going to roast a turkey in it on Thanksgiving.
His face light up and he gasped, "Is Uncle Michael going to shoot a turkey for us?"
I laughed and told him no.
"Then where are we going to get one?" he asked.
"I'll buy it at the store, it will already be dead."
His face fell, "Oh, I wanted to watch Uncle Michael shoot it."
I cracked up.

3 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

funny;) out of the mouths of babes

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Freedom Debt Solutions

Thaddeus said...

You are one of the few people who updates there blog anymore. Have a nice Thanksgiving. Love your handsomest favorite nephew whom you love most of all out the many nephews you have.