Friday, January 05, 2007

The Joys of Wedding Planning

As some of you know, I'm assisting in planning my sister-in-law's wedding this coming May. Mostly this involves prodding her to make a decision one way or another. One of those recent decisions involved the cake that she wanted. My Auntie makes the best cakes ever. Auntie's wedding present for my sisters and I was our cake. It really is the best cake ever. And my sis-in-law agrees.

So after much deciding and much prodding by me she picked this lovely cake.

Now comes the interesting part. Tabitha found this picture in a magazine and copied it for Auntie to take back to WV where she lives and has her shop. Yesterday a bride came into Auntie's shop with her mother with a tiny picture of this exact cake. It was rather small having been printed off the internet. Auntie got out the full page picture to show them. The bride and her mother thought that it was absolutely funny that both she and Tabitha had picked the same cake.

Here it gets one step more interesting. The mother of this bride in WV is going to make the table cloth in the picture and has offered to let Tabitha use it at her wedding. The girl in WV is getting married in March and Tabitha is getting married in May. Auntie will bring it when she delivers the cake. Isn't that amazing???? I think God had a hand in it....and it really is a gorgeous cake!!

4 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

Too cool!
And YES Aunties cakes ARE to die for DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
yum yum yum!

Karen said...

that is super cool. It is beautiful. I can't wait to see what Auntie does with it. What flavors is she getting?

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

lovely cake. simple and elegant! maybe one layer will be wheat free???

Alicia said...

That is a cool cake!