Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yea for Grasshopper!

Update on the little man. They took out his tube just after 10 am. He's resting peacfully now. He's doing good. They are going to start his meds back up this afternoon. They want to wean him off cause the meds are pretty heavy duty and they don't want him to have nasty side effects from going cold turkey. He's got a little oxygen tube resting in his nose for pressure since his lungs have had regular pressure for almost two weeks. Here's a picture I took after we had some cuddle time.

Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray that he will continue to improve. We would like him to pass tonight (an assesment to move to a regular room) so that he can move to the 7th floor. Once there they will talk about releasing him. Home for Christmas is definitely in reach. :)

4 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

super great news! I am praying too you will ALL be home for christmas! I hope you scrapbook all this;)

Country Girl said...

I am so glad that he is off the breathing tube. I hope everything go great the rest of the night.

cinnamon said...

I am so glad that he is better and he will continue to get better. I've been praying that he would come home real soon.

Heather said...

Oh that is good news!!! Home for Christmas would be wonderful:)