Friday, September 15, 2006

Bloggy Funk

This week I have been in a bloggy funk. Is that possible?? I mean interesting things have happened... our first MOPS meeting this year, watching Abby and AJ play Mommy and Baby Buzz Lightyear, a Pampered Chef open house, ( I love love love Pampered Chef), and a marvelous bonfire with hot seat. However, amoung all these interesting event I haven't blogged one thing. Hmmm. I think that is called a "bloggy funk".
However I will now tell you about the bonfire. Since our Granny, my dad's mom, is visiting us this month we decided it was necessary to have a bonfire complete with marshalows. (spelling intentional.) There were hotdogs, hamburgers since Shagga Bear doesn't like hot dogs, hot dog sauce, chili, corn chips, cheese, Babe Ruth Bars, and the important marshalows. The kids played in the yard and ran around. Here is Mama Lily's husband on the phone. That would a be a cheesy brautwurst in his other hand.
Mama Lily and all her children are BIG fire fans. Since furniture has a somewhat hard life at her house and this particular chair was in it's fourties we decided it should go out in style. Chairs burn rather quickly. Kinda makes you stop and think. I suppose it won't be long now and it will be time to retire the roasting forks and the fire tongs. However it was a pleasant evening and the fire kept us nice and TOASTY!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Gotta love a good bonfire! Sounds like a nice evening:)

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

looks like Timmy's on fire!
it was lots o fun!