Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I will remember

Last night I sat with my husband and listened to the President as he reminded us how far we've come in 5 years since that horrific day. And how far we still have to go. I cried as I watched the PBS documentary about what happened, the heros that stood up to the challenge and those that were cut down without a chance. My heart aches as I remember the helpless feeling that flooded my whole being when I saw what I didn't think was possible. It was purposeful and out right evil. I truely believe that is was as the President said that day. "Today we have looked into the face of evil."
And then I remember the prayers that went up. For wisdom and guidance. That God would give us strength to fight. Wisdom in strategies. But over time those faded. Yes we still pray but are we passionate as we once were?? Or is it just a passing thought, "Lord bring them home."
Everyone in our generation will remember that moment. They will know exactly where they were and what they were doing. But unlike Pearl Harbor and the assissination of President Kennedy this was on our watch and thousands of innocents fell in just a couple of hours.
Last night I felt the fire once again be brought to life. IT AIN'T OVER YET! WE can't slack off because it's hard. We are in a fight even here at home. I told my husband that as horrific as it was that day, almost 3000 died. That is only 1/10 of the number of deaths since abortion was legalized. Why are we not weaping in rememberance of those as well. My fire has been lite. And I will not back down until this fight is WON!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

You go girl! Let's not become complacent in doing the work of the Lord! I'm standing with you.