The speaker opened with a few statistics.
- 27% of churched youth have experienced either family devotions, prayer, or Bible readind in the home.
- 29 % of churched youth have experienced a family service project.
- 40% of churched youth view their mom as being "very religious".
- 28% of churched youth haved talked with their mom about faith.
"Most certainly father and mother are apostles, bishops, and priests to their children, for it is they who make them acquainted with the gospel." - Martian Luther. As moms we need to reinstate the home as the chief place where faith is to be nurtured. We are to model our faith to our children.Some practical ways we can do that is
- share your stories of faith with your children
- remember God's comfort
- celebrate God's coincidences
- discuss tangible examples of faith
- make your home a house of prayer
- pray around regular events, meals, bedtime, leaving for school, ect.
- let your children here your sponatneous prayers
- pray using the Bible as a guide.
There are lots of opportunities available to use as a spiritual lesson. Anytime you are in the car listen to praise music. When they are sick pray with them. At bed time ask them questions and even crawl in bed with them and talk. Use stuffed animals to tell stories from the Bible. Use your vacations to help others in need.
These were some of the suggestions that were shared as ways to help your child develop spiritually. I'll leave you with this verse from Deuteronomy 6:4 "Nurturing faith begins with the heart of the parent."