Monday, November 06, 2006

Leaves

Thursday night we went to bed with the two trees in our backyard still covered in leaves. Friday morning we woke up to a 3 inch carpet of leaves from the back door to the back fence and from side to side. All weekend long I kept looking at those leaves thinking that the first opportunity we had to rake them all up that it would probably be pouring rain. Well, PRAISE GOD!! it didn't rain yesterday afternoon.
I raked and Nathan scooped and carried out to the road. I forgot to take a before picture. Here is my hunky hunky strong man carrying all the leaves to the road. I think he made at least 15 trips from the back yard to the street with two trashcans each time.
Here is what the tree lawn by the street looked like when we were done.
And here is the yard when we were all done and Nathan mowed. I haven't seen it that nice in months. I love getting things done, especially when my husband helps.

4 comments:

Karen said...

looks great! I love that feeling too! :)

palmtreefanatic said...

Looks Great!!! And now a beautiful day to enjoy it ALL done:)

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I love it when my husband helps on big jobs like that. Something about the teamwork makes it so much less of a chore! We'll have leaves here for a long time. My oak trees haven't even turned red yet!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Oh, and Rats! I tried to email you but couldn't get it to work. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong! Anyway, I would love to hear more of your MK experience. If you feel comfortable, you can think about it and email me.